Thursday, November 15, 2012

BROTHER.

I realize I skipped days twelve, thirteen and fourteen, but I need to talk about this. Like, now.

Every college student can understand the headache that is Spring registration. Logging in a half an hour before midnight and refreshing the page over and over again. Then midnight hits, and just seconds after, the servers go nuts over thousands of students refreshing their computers at the EXACT same time... and crash.

Ten minutes until midnight, all Freshman housing is silent. Midnight hits, and everyone explodes, bursting out of their rooms, screeching cries of pain. It's madness, really.

So I'm dealing with the headache of internet going on and off, on and off. Finally, it's on long enough for me to get into Banner and sign up for classes! Yay!

Then, sike, I still have money left to pay. So is registering going to happen? Seeing how I'm broke as a joke, not in this century.

Last night was emotional, that's for dern sure. Suddenly I thought I would HAVE to go home, but didn't think in any way, shape or form, that that's what I thought I was supposed to do, as I've said before. Calling my mom today in tears, I didn't know what to do. I don't have the money. They don't have the money. So how the flip am I supposed to go to school next semester?

I won't say how much it is, but I will say it's a lot for any single person to ask another single person for. Especially a sibling. And yet, there I was. And to keep it simple, I'll tell you there was almost zero hesitation from the other line of the phone. Of course, despite the madness of my request, Brother was going to help me out.

Apparently after I got off the phone with my mom, she texted him and said "call Megs. She needs her big brother." She was right. And as always, my big brother was exactly what i needed him to be.

Just like when I was 7 and went flying off the tube when we went boating. A wimp at the time, I was of course bawling. And who was the first one to swim to me and make me laugh and make sure I was okay? Brother.

Just like how he always wants to kill any guy that's ever wronged me. And how he's extremely picky about the kind of guy I date/end up marrying, but that's just because he thinks me and my sisters deserve the best.

Just like how there's no one who makes me laugh harder than he does. He is literally the funniest human being I have ever met.

Just like how he never judges me when I make mistakes, like not being careful enough with my money. He's made mistakes too, and gets that no one is perfect. He helps and guides me in the most loving, nonjudgemental manner.

Most of all, he is my ultimate protector and advocate. He looks after me and all my sisters. Most guys I know are a heck of a lot more scared of my S.W.A.T/Marine/policeman brother than they are my dad. My dad's waaaay nicer when it comes to that. Mostly because of how undyingly my brother has got our backs. Plus, he is our literal protector now, as he is a member of the armed services. A soldier, willing to lay down his life for not just his sisters, but his Spiritual Brothers and Sisters as well.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes he makes me so mad I'd punch him he wasn't so much stronger than me and didn't have the reflexes of a jungle cat. But he's my brother and he's there for me when it really counts. By the way, I keeping saying just "Brother" because that's what us sisters call him.

So today, I'm thankful for Brother.





peace

~just megsie

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like spending your Friday morning crying at work. Thanks Megs!

    ReplyDelete