Monday, November 12, 2012

snow.

if you ask me any other day, i actually quite despise snow.

or hate it. with an undying passion.

but the first REAL snow of Logan came today. (I say that because it randomly snowed one day a few weeks ago but melted by the time night fell and didn't come back again. ) and yes, it is absolutely freezing, which makes me quite unhappy. but gosh, it is absolutely beautiful! it really is. plus, i'm trying to show gratitude even toward things i profess to hate. so even though i hate the snow, at least it means a lot of moisture. it means snowmen and snowball fights and sledding. i would mention skiing or snowboarding, but let's get real: i am so completely clumsy and uncoordinated that that simply doesn't happen for me. Like, ever.

it's also something a lot of people do wish they had (mostly BECAUSE of snowboarding and skiing... but whatevs.) especially in Utah, where we have the best snow on earth! So today I'm going to bundle up in my under armour, pants, tee shirt underneath a long-sleeved shirt, cardigan, sweatshirt, coat, mittens, and beanie, and trek out into the tundra that is otherwise known as a Logan, Utah winter, and try to notice the beauty surrounding me.

today.... weird as it is that I would be saying this.... I'm thankful for snow.

peace

~just megsie



No comments:

Post a Comment