Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blog Challenge: Day 3

A picture of you and your friends.

Oh my gosh, where do I begin?! I have so many pictures of friends, which makes me so glad because they all capture memories that I'll cherish forever. In high school, being a part of several clubs meant I had a few groups of friends. They all taught me so many things and helped me in SO many ways that they will never know. I absolutely could not choose, so I'm going to post a few of my favorites.

This one was taken during a Debate tournament, and it pretty accurately depicts what happened at every single tourney: we laughed a lot. We had several hours in between the rounds being over and waiting for awards, so Paige (left), Annelie (middle), and I laid down on some backpacks and talked and laughed. One of our teammates (and Paige's boyfriend) Kohl came over and started taking pictures of us on my phone. It was probably one of the biggest struggles of my life. You know what I really remember about this photo? I remember that this tournament was happening in the midst of some serious relationship drama from me. My heart was literally breaking, and I did not feel in the mood for a tournament. But I ended up being so glad I went. These girls (and Kohl) COMPLETELY took my mind off of it and I remember doing nothing but laughing and remembering I wasn't alone.  Annelie, Paige and I were a fabulous threesome that year and I adore them. I posted this picture because that wasn't an uncommon occurrence for me in my three years of Debate; my debaters were my biggest supporters. They made me laugh. They protected me. Some of my most cherished memories in high school were from Debate, and I owe everything to them.  You know what? Here's a picture of (almost) the whole team: 

And just for the heck of it, I think Paige, aka my wifey (because we're both married to Channing Tatum. Duh) deserves a pic of her own here: 

Paigey Poo and I became fast friends our sophomore year, and have been best friends/wives ever since. From Debate tournaments to birthday breakfasts to gushing over T-Swift to dying my hair to seeing Big Time Rush in concert (and touching James' hand. No big deal), some of my happiest times were spent with this gal. We always have such an easy-going, fun time together. With Paige, I was always able to forget my troubles. Not to mention she and her boyfriend are the cutest couple that ever existed, and I can hang out with just them without ever feeling like a third wheel, ever. That's something super rare in couples. I love them both! 

Okay, here's another of some other friends:
Man oh man, where would I have been without these girls in high school? This picture was taken towards the end of Junior year. We were in L.A. on choir tour and were waiting to go see Beauty and the Beast. Junior year was my glory time of high school. I remember how eager we all were for Senior year, myself included. I never knew how hard Senior year was going to be. I especially didn't know how much I would be relying on these lovely ladies. Boy drama, vicious rumors started about me, a broken heart or two. At one point my senior year, there were weeks where I wondered if I even had it in me to go to school the next day. But seeing these girls in class and in the halls always got me through it. They were my rocks. I owe them everything. I know I'll be friends with them forever. So much of who I am is owed to them. 

And there's about a million more pictures like this taken in front of Sayri's webcam. She and I have been best friends since the third grade. No matter how far apart we go from each other, we always meet up again and pick up right where we left off. This girl AMAZES me. I've never known a more thoughtful, or creative, person. Love my Sayri-Wa. 

THIS GIRL. 
"Every brunette needs a blonde best friend."
I'm so lucky mine was Annie. We helped each other in so many ways. I helped her heal from wounds of her past and she helped me to figure out it's okay to not ALWAYS be happy. And basically, we were just a couple of crazies. For more info, go here. I have a post just for her. 

This was a lot longer than it was probably meant to be. At one point in high school, I was surrounded by guy friends and flocked to them when the girls got too dramatic. But one by one those guy friends walked away and threw me under a bus for one reason or another. I consider it a blessing, because that's how I figured out who my real friends are. The friends I'll tell my kids about and call up when I'm in need of some nostalgia. All of the friends pictured above. I was SO lucky to have such fantastic friends. 

But here's the most important part: 

"Friends don't let friends do stupid things..... 

ALONE." 

Pretty much. 

~just megsie









No comments:

Post a Comment